What if you could kiss frizzy hair good-bye and win back control? Goldwell’s Kerasilk Keratin Salon Treatment is a premium service that promises just that. And we’re in love with it. Here’s how it works and why we recommend it.
The Kerasilk Keratin Treatment Service provides long-lasting transformation into perfectly smooth and soft hair for up to 3–5 months. The secret is a high-performing Technology they called KeraShape.
HOW IT WORKS:
|Glyoxylic Acid||Keratin||Color-Caring Silk|
- High-performing KeraShape Technology actively interacts with the hair’s structure
- During the Keratin Treatment it penetrates into the hair and creates new keratin bonds to re-shape the hair structure
- The surface is long-lasting smoothened and softened
The exclusive in-salon treatment consists of numerous steps but these are the main ones:
- Shampoo with Keratin and Liquid Silk that gently cleanses and prepares the hair for the Keratin Treatment.
- Application of Keratin Smooth and Shape formula with Thermal-active KeraShapeTechnology that transforms unmanageable, wavy/curly and frizzy hair into long-lasting smooth and soft hair like silk.
- Application of heat in the form of a blow dry followed by flat iron.
- Shampoo again and applying a special Finishing Cream Serum that seals in the effect of the KERASILK KERATIN TREATMENT and minimises odour. It also provides heat protection.
It’s a formaldehyde-free formula, meaning it’s very gentle on your hair and scalp and there’s no more heavily irritating smell during the treatment.
Is it safe to use during pregnancy? A question we get often asked.
The product packaging does not indicate that it’s safe to use during pregnancy, however we asked Goldwell Head Office multiple times and they always reassured us that it’s completely safe.
We did a bit of research ourselves and found that even formaldehyde free products may contain a chemical that when exposed to heat, may create formaldehyde and therefore could be harmful, however Goldwell’s Kerasilk range doesn’t contain that chemical (methylene glycol).
We would advise you though that you wait until the second trimester with your treatment, especially if you are sensitive for smells.
What you should NOT expect from this treatment:
It will not make your curly or wavy hair completely straight – you see, it’s not a straightening treatment, rather a smoothing treatment.
However, by applying heat (hair dryer or hair straightener) you’ll find it much easier to create a straight hairstyle because your hair will be manageable and your waves controllable.
One thing worth to note: the treatment may make your hair colour turn 1 or 2 shades lighter. That’s especially true when your hair is chemically treated, eg. coloured or bleached. It’s best to wait 2 weeks after the treatment to re-apply your colour again and from then on, it’s normally back to the usual colour routine.
Salon exclusive home care products will help you maintain the salon results.
Contact us to book a free consultation and let us help you create a frizz-free, super smooth hair crown that will save you precious time in the mornings for months to come.
PS: Join our mailing list and become a Figaro London Insider. You’ll be first to learn about exclusive offers, discounts and giveaways, competitions and news, plus you’ll get personal invitations for exclusive events we don’t talk about anywhere else.
PPS: Make sure to follow us on our social media pages for more helpful advice, inspiration and the occasional bargain offers. Here they are: Figaro London’s Official Facebook page, Figaro London Beauty page – focusing on all things beauty and skincare related, Twitter, Instagram, Google+. Looking forward to seeing you there too.
Source of content and images: www.goldwell.co.uk