Have you ever asked yourself what happens to your skin after a facial? When you come to the salon for facial treatments, your skin is clean and glowy but, do you know the Dos and Don’ts for a perfect aftercare? Make sure to read this article to let the glowy look last longer!
OUR FACIAL TREATMENTS
Here at Figaro London Hair and Beauty, we provide a lot of different facial treatments. We want to give you an overview of what we offer to let you find the perfect fit for you:
- Nourishing and Anti-ageing: This facial is a must for dry skin that shows signs of ageing and tiredness. Ultrasound will stimulate the skin tissue, increasing cell regeneration and collagen production. Your skin is nourished, softer, smoother and more hydrated.
- Deep cleansing: It’s a quick aid against blackheads, acne and skin impurities. This facial clarifies, soothes and moisturises your skin and helps to reduce any inflammation.
- Facial massage: It increases circulation to your facial tissue, resulting in brighter, youthful-looking skin. It also helps to reduce puffiness and wrinkles. Plus: it reduces stress leaving you peaceful and relaxed.
- Deep cleansing facial and massage: If your pores need a thorough cleanse and you wish to say goodbye to every single blackhead or impurity, this facial is what you need. The treatment includes ultrasound and serum, as well as a soothing and relaxing facial massage to give your facial muscles a lift. Your skin will feel clean and recharged.
HOW DOES YOUR SKIN FEEL AFTER A FACIAL?
Before telling you how to take care of your skin, we just wanted to explain to you what happens to your skin after a facial:
- It becomes sensitive: facial treatments stimulate your skin to produce new cells that take some time to mature. If your skin stays sensitive after the facial, you don’t have to worry: it is all part of the process.
- Your pores are more open than normal: when our beauticians work with steam, your pores automatically open up and allow us to clean them easily and safely. After extraction, we apply a pore-refining mask that we complement with a gentle, cool cryotherapy. Your pores will still need a little bit of time to close again properly. So remember, don’t touch your skin with your hands because the dirt could cause inflammations!
- It is well hydrated and nourished: During the facial treatment, our beauticians put different serums and mask on your face. For this reason, don’t put products on your skin as soon as you finish the treatment. It’s essential to give her a breathing space!
facial treatments and aftercare: THE DOS
✅ Keep the skin hydrated: Excuse me?! Didn’t you just tell me not to do it after the treatment? Yes, but you can’t forget to hydrate it from the inside. Drink a lot of water if you want your glow to last longer!
✅ Exfoliate weekly: wait for two or three days before starting to exfoliate, but you can’t miss this step. Make sure to choose a gentle exfoliator for smooth and soft skin.
✅ Use a Vitamin C serum: adding the vitamin C to your routine will brighten your skin and help you fight wrinkles.
✅ Use fresh towels and change your pillow cover: clean towels and pillow covers are a must if you want to maintain your skin fresh and glowy. And believe us, by changing your pillow cover regularly, your hair will also thank you!
✅ Follow our advice: once the treatment has finished, our beauticians will give you all the advice for perfect aftercare (including product recommendations).
✅ Book your next appointment: this is a step that a lot of people tend to underestimate but, for a long-lasting glowy look, you can’t miss your next rendezvous. Treatments like deep cleansing should become part of your monthly skincare routine.
FACIAL TREATMENTs and aftercare: THE DON’TS
❌ Visit the steam room: You must resist the sauna! Why? Overusing the steam can break capillaries and cause redness.
❌ Hit the gym: Are you a sports person who can’t do without the gym? Make sure to work out before the treatment. Heavy sweating can irritate your freshly exfoliated skin.
❌ Wax, shave or have a laser on the face: When you have facial treatments, you shed old skin cells, and your skin creates new ones. Waxing, shaving or having a laser after facials can damage your skin. So, even if booking two appointments together can be convenient, avoid doing that!
❌ Sunbathe: after a facial, your skin becomes really sensitive, and UV rays are your enemy. Make sure to stay away from the sun for at least 24 hours!
❌ Touch the skin and scrub the face: our beauticians worked with your face during the treatment so, now you need to give her a moment’s peace! Remember to avoid popping your pimples and scrubbing your face.
❌ Use at-home peels or retinol: avoid using these products that dry out your skin. Our beauticians have already exfoliated it, so focus on keeping it hydrated!
❌ Skip the heavy make-up and skincare products: your skin needs to breathe, so make sure you don’t cover it up with heavy make-up or skincare products!
❌ Skip the toner: your skin has been cleaned and brought back to balance by our beauticians, so the toner isn’t needed (in particular alcohol-based ones)!
We know that there’s a long list of things to remember but, for this reason, we decided to create a little reminder for you! Make sure to take a screenshot. You will always have our advice at your fingertips!
Thanks for the tips! This is a good reminder for me!
Happy to help! Thanks for your comment. 💚