Ah, there’s nothing quite like the blissful feeling you get after a great massage! The sensation of relaxed muscles, improved circulation, and reduced stress is just unbeatable. However, it’s essential to take care of yourself after your massage to ensure you get the most benefit from your treatment.
Now, let us share with you our Thai massage therapist Chom’s 7-step after-care advice to keep you feeling great long after you’ve left the massage table!
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate: Drinking water after a massage is crucial for flushing out toxins and preventing soreness. Make sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day.
2. Take it easy: Avoid engaging in any intense physical activities after your massage. Instead, take it easy for the rest of the day and allow your body to fully absorb the benefits of the massage.
3. Soak it up: Taking a warm bath or shower after your massage can help further relax your muscles and increase circulation, leading to an even deeper sense of relaxation.
4. Heat it up: If you’re feeling a bit sore after your massage, try using a heating pad or taking a warm bath with Epsom salts. This can help alleviate any discomfort you may be feeling.
5. Mind over matter: Don’t forget to take care of your mind after your massage too. Engage in some self-care activities like reading a book, taking a nap, or simply enjoying some quiet time.
6. Avoid alcohol and caffeine: Both of these substances can cause dehydration, which can counteract the positive effects of your massage. So, it’s best to avoid them for a few hours after your massage.
7. Schedule your next appointment: Lastly, don’t forget to schedule your next massage appointment! Regular massages can help reduce stress, improve circulation, and promote overall wellness.
So, there you have it – Chom’s 7-step after-care advice to help you make the most of your massage treatment. Remember, taking care of yourself after a massage is just as important as the massage itself. With a little self-care and attention, you’ll be able to maintain that relaxed, refreshed feeling for days to come!
Figaro London 💚
PS: Watch this 3-minute BBC documentary on how massage can help strengthen our immune system: