As part of a cleansing or nourishing facial, or as a 30 minutes stand-alone service, facial massage is an essential treatment that will make a positive difference and generate huge benefits to your skin – immediately. So, it’s clear that it has a lot of pros.
Here are all the most surprising benefits:
- It increases circulation to your facial tissue, resulting in brighter, youthful-looking skin.
- By stimulating lymphatic drainage, facial massage moves toxins out of cells and reduces swelling and puffiness – helpful especially after eating a salty dish and of course in the mornings.
- Prevents the forming of wrinkles: it helps to release some of that built up tension in your face muscles that are caused by daily stress.
Foreheads furrow and lines form especially between the brows and near the lip area. Gentle, routine facial massage can help relax these tight and drawn muscles, decreasing the lines that they form.
- The immediate increase in oxygen flow will awaken the skin so that it can respond better to the products being used.
- Facial massage speeds up your circulation, allowing for skin to heal and repair itself a lot quicker from the damage and traumas you put it through on a daily basis.
- Pressure point massage is ideal for anyone who suffers with tension headaches or sinus problems.
- It reduces stress leaving you peaceful and relaxed.
- It adds immediate vitality to a dull complexion.
How to give yourself a facial massage
To get all the above benefits of a facial massage, you can also perform it to yourself at home.
In this video, a celebrity make-up artist, Lisa Eldridge, shares her facial massage routine and explains very clearly what sort of massage technique has what kind of benefits. It’s a must watch:
Whereas, if you want to go for a salon treatment, it is recommended to do it in on a weekly/fortnightly basis. A 30 minute-stand-alone treatment is something you can squeeze into your lunch break and will make you feel instantly great. It is absolutely suitable for both ladies and gents.
PS: Make sure to follow us on our social media pages for more helpful advice, inspiration and the occasional bargain offers. Here they are: Figaro London’s Official Facebook page – focusing on all things beauty and skincare related, Twitter, Instagram, Google+. Looking forward to seeing you there too.