A lash lift & tint treatment is perfect for anyone who wants stunning, fluttering, unforgettable lashes. So, say goodbye to your pin-straight eyelashes and discover everything about this new and powerful technique.
What is a lash lift & tint?
A lash lift and tint opens up your eyes and adds length and body to your lashes. Say goodbye to your eyelash curler. A lash lift (also called lash perm) shapes and curls your lashes and offers semi-permanent hold.
Lash lift & tint treatment step by step
- First, your lash therapist places cotton pads over your lower eyelids then curved silicon pads are placed over your upper eyelid.
- A bonding solution is then brushed over the eyelashes, pushing them against the curved silicon pad.
- Next, your therapist checks for clumping and ensures that each of your lashes is equally spaced.
- Then a perming solution is applied and left to process for around ten minutes.
- After that, the solution is removed, and a neutralizer solution is applied and left to process.
- Next, your therapist removes your lashes from the silicon pad using a moist cotton swab and cleans your eyelids.
- Next, the tint is applied to the lashes and left to process for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Finally, the tint is removed using cotton pads and swabs.
- To finish the treatment, your lash therapist applies a nourishing agent to condition and protect permed lashes after the treatment.
How long does a lash lift take?
A lash lift appointment usually takes 50 minutes to an hour. If you have your eyelashes tinted at the same time (highly recommended as it certainly enhances the effect of your lash lift), it may take another 15 minutes or so.
Who is the eyelash lift & tint treatment recommended for?
An eyelash lift treatment lifts lashes that grow straight or downwards. So, it is recommended for you if your lashes are:
- disordered or criss-crossing;
- dry and brittle and need nourishing;
- thin and you need improved thickness;
- long and rigid and you want to make them more manageable and soft.
It’s your go-to treatment also if:
- you want to take a break from your eyelash extension regime;
- you’re allergic to eyelash extensions but still want beautiful lashes.
Do lash lifts ruin your eyelashes? Is the treatment painful?
Like anything else, if done incorrectly or by someone who is inexperienced, you could have a less than positive lash lift experience.
Apart from that, lash lift is a very soothing treatment with minimal or zero discomfort. In fact, the procedure is very relaxing, and you can keep your eyes closed till the end of it. Free naps with every service booked 😉
Plus, the solution used can even give strength to your natural lashes and reinforce them.
How long does the eyelash lift last?
The effect of your lash lift lasts between 5-7 weeks, but this depends on your lash growth cycle which can vary from person to person. You won’t need a maintenance appointment in between treatments like you would do with eyelash extensions. However, the process needs to be repeated every 5-6-7 weeks in order to lift the newly grown lashes.
External factors can weaken the lash lift such as heat (sauna), swimming or the use of harsh cosmetic products. If your lash lift has prematurely dropped, it’s most probably down to these reasons. You can repeat the treatment but only after a minimum of 4 weeks, not before.
Lash lift & tint aftercare
Generally speaking, a lash lift is a very low maintenance treatment, however a little extra care is important when it comes to the first 1-2 days after the treatment.
- Do not get your lashes wet for the first 24 hrs.
- Swimming should therefore be avoided for at least 24hrs.
- Don’t rub your lashes. Be gentle.
- You can use sauna or steam 1 day after the treatment, but these may weaken the effect of the lift, so rather avoid heat if you want long-lasting results.
- Do not use harsh products on your eyes/lashes.
- Don’t use make-up on your eyes for 24 hours.
- Avoid waterproof mascaras.
- Don’t schedule a facial appointment in the next 24 hours after your lash lift.
Can I wear makeup after lash lift?
The short answer is yes, but it’s best practice to skip the makeup for at least 24 hours after your lash lift treatment. You’ll see that you won’t need mascara anyway. Should you wish to make those lashes even fuller, opt for a non-waterproof mascara because it’s easier to remove and won’t weaken the lift.
Is it better to get a lash lift or lash extensions?
If you’re undecided between lash lift and lash extensions, you should consider a few things:
- If you’re patient with your lashes and you’re willing to be delicate (brushing them every day, avoiding water and taking care of them), then eyelash extensions are for you. Whereas, if you want just to wake up with perfect lashes and be just ready to go, then lash lifts will be the right choice for you.
- Lash lifts won’t give you the lash extensions’ voluminous effect, unless you’ve got already plenty of lashes. And, you can always use individual extensions if you need that extra oomph for an important event.
Any questions? Book a free consultation with our eyelash stylists and find out how this treatment could help you.