Eyelash extensions are individually applied fibres that a professional eyelash stylist and therapist attaches to your natural lashes in order to give temporarily enhanced length and volume. There’s a large variety of extensions you can choose from, each promise to give you fuller and thicker lashes without having to apply mascara.
Made up of either synthetic or natural fibres, eyelash extensions typically last for the entire natural growth cycle of your eyelashes (approximately 2-3 months), but to keep them beautiful and also at full capacity, you may need to have touch ups to compensate for natural shedding which occurs every 2-3 weeks.
In our experience, it’s all about who you’re seeing and what sort of materials they are using that matters. We compiled a list of 5 criteria to look out for when trying a new salon, a new stylist.
5 things to look out for when trying a new eyelash stylist
- Always go to a well-trained, qualified professional. Eyelash stylists and therapists undergo a specific training but in our experience, real professionals are also qualified beauticians or beauty therapists who understand skin conditions and all sorts of implications, not just the ones that were part of their training.
- If your eyelash stylist takes part in competitions, that’s a good sign. It means they take their profession super seriously and want to be acknowledged not only by their happy customers but also by the industry.
- Doing eyelashes requires a super meticulous work. Precision, attention to detail are key components to look out for when visiting a new place. Check out their portfolio and if it feels right, give them a try.
- You want your eyelash stylist to be competent, and also empathetic. They should anticipate any discomfort and know how to fix it without you noticing anything.
- Hygiene – it’s hugely important. After all, we’re working around your eyes. Tools and materials have to be sterile, clean and top quality.
We’re proud to present to you Tinna, a one-of-a-kind, truly professional eyelash stylist. Tinna learnt under the wings of Europe’s finest eyelash technicians, she’s a top talent and a fantastic beautician also. Check out some of her works here:
XD Volume Eyelash Extensions
And here’s how it’s done, step by step:
Are you curious and want to find out more? Book a free consultation with Tinna, and let’s take it from there.
Good bye mascara, hello beautiful extensions.
PPS: Make sure to follow us on our social media pages for more helpful advice, inspiration and the occasional bargain offers. Here they are: Figaro London’s Official Facebook page, Figaro London Beauty page – focusing on all things beauty and skincare related, Twitter, Instagram, Google+. Looking forward to seeing you there too.
Source of images: Tinna, professional eyelash stylist