Stop biting your nails! Friends and family keep calling you out. As if you didn’t know with your rational mind that it’s bad. You know you shouldn’t do it, but you feel a strange sense of relief when doing it. We get it. We know it. And we do understand it. If you ever get to a point where you say to yourself, ok, enough, you want to try and quit this bad habit once and for all – please know that there’s help. MAN-icure for nail biters is a treatment developed by Melania to help gentlemen who want to stop biting their nails. (It can help ladies too, but we think ladies may be more interested in this solution.)
After getting countless inquiries from gents, Melania has developed a treatment plan that might be just the solution that will do its trick and help you too. It goes like this.
First man-icure for nail biters appointment
Here’s what happens at your very first man-icure for nail biters appointment with Melania:
- Your nails are soaked in a solution that will soften your skin and disinfect the areas surrounding your nails and cuticles.
Nails after soaking and cuticle softening solution applied. Let the treatment begin!
- Your bitten nails are then shaped a bit to prepare them to grow.
- Your nail plate is buffed.
- Your cuticles are treated to allow your nails to start the recovery process.
- And finally – here’s the trick: Melania applies a transparent, gel-like, organic material that she cures under UV light. It will harden on your natural nails, making them stronger immediately, and making it next to impossible for you to access them with your teeth. The only difference you’ll notice: your nails start to look clean and tidy, and they’ll have a natural shine (or matte if that’s what you prefer).
The price for this treatment is £40 (at the time of writing of this blog, please check here for current prices).
Chances are you’ll still try to bite your nails after your first appointment. And that’s only natural. It’s just that every time you try to bite it, it will not feel the same. Plus, you won’t be able to access your natural nails so easily, and therefore, you’re providing more protection to them.
In about 2 weeks’ time (depending on how fast your nails grow, and how you’re getting on with the new-found length), the time comes to attend your second appointment. (Technically, this manicure could last 3-4 weeks but in our experience, people usually want to refresh it in about 2 weeks’ time as they’re getting used to their new natural nails.
Second man-icure for nail biters appointment
At your second man-icure for nail biters appointment, Melania will refresh your manicure by taking off and reapplying the gel:
- Removal of the residues of the gel-like material from your nails.
- Reshaping your nails.
- Your nail plate is buffed.
- Your cuticles are treated to allow your nails to continue to grow healthily.
- And again, the trick: Melania reapplies a transparent, gel-like, organic material that she cures again under UV light. Your natural nails will become inaccessible for your teeth and will be protected until your next appointment.
The price for this treatment is £45 (at the time of writing of this blog, please check here for current prices).
Third man-icure for nail biters appointment
By the time you reach this point, it will be over a month since you’ve started your journey to quit biting your nails. From this point, you’ll definitely notice your nails becoming nicer, stronger, and you’ll also have more success managing the urge to bite those nails. You know they say it takes 21 days to break a habit? We’re not sure about the science behind 21, but for sure, by the beginning of the second month, you’ll feel much better about your natural nails and yes, our clients do report that the habit is starting to ebb.
The third man-icure for nail biters appointment is basically the same as the second one, except on this occasion, you’ll start to discuss how you’ll be able to maintain your nails without the constant need to visit the nail salon for a man-icure for nail biters appointment. Perhaps, the time has come where you’ll no longer be labelled a nail-biter? If so, it’s certainly a milestone you must celebrate! But don’t be too hard on yourself if you’re still not quite 100% there yet. Every journey is different, and we all get to the goal, in our own time.
When a regular manicure for gents will do
If a fourth and a fifth nail biters appointment is needed, so be it. Eventually, the time will come when you can change to a regular manicure for gents appointment, which is all about soaking your nails to soften the surrounding skin, cleaning your cuticles, shaping your nails and creating the perfect conditions for them to grow naturally, by themselves. No frills, no fluff. Just natural, healthy nails. At the time of writing this blog, the cost of this manicure for gents appointment is £25.
See more before-after photos, taken before and after the very first MAN-icure for nail biters appointment:
Nail biter’s nails after MAN-icure
Nail biting is a habit you can overcome. And we’re here to support you. Whenever you’re ready to give this treatment a go, click here to book your slot, talk with Melania and see how she can help you to start your journey.
Destination: Natural, healthy nails. Here I come!