You’ve probably heard of microdermabrasion which provides a deeper exfoliation thanks to the diamond crystal head. Hydrodermabrasion is a more gentle way to do just that, which makes it suitable for the most sensitive skin types too.
Hydrodermabrasion facial uses the healing powers of water to lift out impurities. It’s gentle, cleanses pores, promotes rejuvenation.
How does it work?
The gentle abrasion tool removes the top layer of dead skin and provides a crystal-free exfoliation:
- Water is sprayed over skin at a supersonic speed, removing dead skin cells and allowing deep hydration.
- The gentle water jet releases the pores from dirt, cosmetic residues, toxic substances, excessive sebum and bacteria.
- The process itself takes about 15-20 minutes. The water that is used can be infused with minerals and vitamins – depending on your skin’s type and needs.
- The treatment will increase circulation to your skin.
- Hydrodermabrasion can be used as a preparatory step to a facial treatment, just like a scrub, and will provide better absorption for all the nutrients that will follow.
- This treatment will not over-exfoliate – the peeling is super gentle to your skin.
- It’s very relaxing, with zero discomfort felt.
Hydrodermabrasion is highly effective in improving the skin’s overall texture, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, and giving deeper hydration to the skin. Congested and enlarged pores will become cleaner and smaller over time, if you stick to a regular facial regime.
Who’s this for?
- It’s an excellent choice for people who have tender or very sensitive skin. Super effective if you have darker skin tones, ageing skin, skin that is congested and/or blemished, as well as dry skin. Oily skin can benefit too as hydro-dermabrasion helps to make it less greasy, and pores can be shrunk.
- It’s totally suitable for both ladies and gents, but the face has to be freshly shaved.
- If you have mild acne scars, their appearance can be reduced, and fine lines can be decreased. Your skin will see the results immediately after the procedure.
- It’s the perfect treatment if you need a gentle but thorough facial directly before a big event, such as a wedding.
- If you have dark spots like age-spots and hyper-pigmentation here and there, hydro-dermabrasion will help to eliminate them over time.
Thanks to its gentle properties, hydro-dermabrasion is perfectly suitable to perform in wintertime.
Do you want to try it? It’s now an integral part of most of our facial treatments (facials for problem skins) No extra cost, just pure goodness.
Join our mailing list and become a Figaro London Insider. You’ll be first to learn about exclusive offers, discounts and giveaways, competitions and news, plus you’ll get personal invitations for exclusive events we don’t talk about anywhere else.
Make sure to follow us on our social media pages for more helpful advice, inspiration and the occasional bargain offers. Here they are: Figaro London’s Official Facebook page – focusing on all things beauty and skincare related, Twitter, Instagram, Google+. Looking forward to seeing you there too.