Wanted: Hairdresser / Hair colourist
We are looking for a friendly, highly creative and easy-going Hairdresser / Hair Colourist to join our team of kind and ambitious people.
You aspire to be the best at what you do, so you’ll be right at home here.
Your main role will be to create truly magnificent hairstyles ideally for both ladies and gents, with a special focus on colouring services including highlights, balayage, ombre and all those other fancy trends out there, to make our existing and future clientele happy, feeling extra special when they visit us.
We’ve been crowned Top Choice Hair Salon London 2019,
for our COnsistent excellence in the pursuit of total customer satisfaction.
Figaro London is an independent boutique hair and beauty salon in the heart of the Old Street – Barbican – Angel triangle. Our team of ambitious creatives are all professionals who appreciate the free spirited atmosphere we have, and the fact that they have room for creativity and that they can test their ideas in a safe and encouraging environment.
We’ve been around for 6 years. Our clientele appreciates the kind, friendly and honestly warm atmosphere that have, and the team’s professionalism is something they can always count on, no matter what colleague they’re seeing.
We have long opening hours, and we are open Monday to Sunday in order to be able to offer our services at times that suit our clients. Having said that, you’d not be working 7 days a week and you’d not have to cover 12 hour shifts all the time. It’s team work, and our goal is to create a rota that works for you personally, that works for the clientele, the team and the business. We believe that if these 4 factors are in alignment, everything else falls into place and we’re on a path to success.
Reading this makes you say, “Holy cow – that’s ME!”:
- You LOVE getting to know new people and discover what they like and dislike
- You follow all the latest trends of the hairdressing industry and going to trade shows makes you super excited
- Consulting with a customer and figuring out their needs is second nature to you
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have excellent project management skills and can work on your own, but you’re also a generous person who anticipates when colleagues may need your help and whenever you’re needed, you’re happy to jump in and help out
- You are tidy and precise
- You love personal development and you’re very open minded
- The sentence “That’s the way it’s always been done” rings an alarm bell in your head (it really isn’t part of our vocabulary!)
- You care deeply about your work, colleagues and the wellbeing of the clients
- You’re focused on finding, developing and executing on the best ideas to get the best results
- You have a sense of humour that’s smart, but not snarky or cynical
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re 10,000% comfortable working in a multi-culti environment
- You’re obsessive about being the best at what you do, but you also respect that client’s time and don’t get too carried away when time’s tight.
- When a mission-critical project happens, you work till the job gets done
- You’re hyper-focused on getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks
- You’re a born GO GETTER — always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up
In an ideal world, you have:
- Experience in salon environment
- Very good sales skills
- A creative, positive spirit along with a passion for personal development
“Individual commitment to a group effort – That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilisation work.”
The Nitty Gritty:
Our preference is to offer a fixed base and commission so that you can calculate with a strong secure base, but at the same time we don’t limit your earning capabilities.
The position is available as of right now.
If you can only do 1 or 2 days a week, we also have part-time opportunities, so please do get in touch.
Here is how to apply:
- Send your application with a CV and creative portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’d appreciate if you could complete this Action Challenge:
In the email, write a line or two about what your favourite part of the job is, and also – what you like the least about being a hair colourist. (Don’t be shy, we know one can’t like every single bit of the process. There’s no right or wrong answer here, we are simply curious and want to see if we can resonate, that’s all … 🙂 )
Hurry up, we really, really want to hear from you!
P.S. Check us out on social media too and while you are there, give us a shout to say you’re interested: