Wanted: Front Desk Manager / Receptionist
Figaro London is looking for a friendly, kind and caring Front Desk Manager to join their team.
You aspire to be the best at what you do, so you’ll be right at home here.
Your main role will be to help us make our existing and future clientele happy, feeling extra special when they visit us.
You understand that great customer service comes from a deep understanding and love for our audience, staying true to our voice and mission and the business goal of converting new friends into lifelong fans and passers-bys into buyers.
You thrive with a dualistic approach: using your experience as a Customer Service Representative to wow our clientele and go the extra mile. You’re also able to be process-focused and data-driven, while keeping the big business picture in mind.
Excellent manners in writing is something you understand and practise, and in the ideal world, you’d be a creative individual when it comes to writing a bit of content on our social media pages.
As a part of our tiny but mighty team, you’ll wear a lot of creative hats: You will juggle between phone calls, looking after customers in the most professional and caring way possible, keeping in touch with them on multiple channels both in speaking and in writing, handling stock and managing the time of your colleagues. You love the buzz of a beauty salon, multitasking makes you excited, yet you can be productive and get things done on time.
You love personal development, and strive on becoming better and better at whatever you do: A dynamic personality and great team player who drives the whole team forward and keeps pushing. Your smile is honest and comes from a deep sense of delight seeing people looking and feeling their best.
You’ll have the opportunity to help grow and shape our company — the only limit is your drive, commitment and imagination.
Reading this makes you say, “Holy cow – that’s ME!”:
- You’re an effective, clear communicator in all formats
- You have a sense of humour that’s smart, but not snarky or cynical
- You LOVE getting to know new people
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have excellent project management skills and are able to juggle multiple projects while communicating honestly about your timelines, challenges and questions
- You love personal development
- You care deeply about your work, colleagues and the wellbeing of the company
- You’re not thin skinned or (overly) attached to your ego — you’re focused on finding, developing and executing on the best ideas to get the best results
- You’re 10,000% comfortable working in a multitasking, multi-culti environment
- You’re obsessive about being the best at what you do
- When a mission-critical project happens, you work till the job gets done
- You do whatever it takes and the phrase “That’s not my job” is not a part of your vocabulary
- You’re hyper focused on the getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks
- You’re a born GO GETTER — always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up
- You are a fashion enthusiast and know about beauty and health related trends
- You LOVE reading women’s and men’s magazines
- You know quite a few things about London and you’re interested in events in and around Islington and the whole city
In an ideal world, you have:
- Experience in Customer Service, good administration and writing skills, OR:
- No experience just yet but a strong desire to learn and be your best to make the world a better place
- Knowledge of the capabilities of social media channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- A flair for communicating effectively in a brand’s voice
- Strong comprehension of digital media
- A creative, positive spirit along with a passion for personal development
“It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money.
It is the customer who pays the wages.”
The Nitty Gritty:
We’re open to this being a full time or part time position, although we must admit that we do love working with people who do something else professionally other than being our Front Desk Managers. When you have a main job or study something and want a side job, that means to us that you’re a hard worker, a go getter, and that’s something we really like and appreciate.
If you can only do 1 or 2 days a week, we can totally work around that.
We’ll give you constant support & a competitive salary.
You’ll see behind the scenes of a fast growing start-up company.
Here is how to apply ASAP:
- Send your application with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete this Action Challenge:
In the email, answer the following question with one single sentence:
What would you do in the following situation:
The phone is ringing, a customer is waiting for her coffee to be served, a message needs to be answered to book in a customer who is waiting for our response, and a delivery guy arrives with 4 huge boxes of retail products and leaves them all at the front desk? J
(This IS a totally possible scenario!)
Hurry up, we really want to hear from you!