Hair models wanted
Do you want the latest fashion inspired cut or colour
and a few creative pictures in your portfolio?
Model for us!
We are taking part in hairdressing competitions this year and need hair models who are willing to be adventurous and are open to having a fashion inspired look. All of our work is collaborative and you are fully consulted about the process.
It’s not an educational day for us where the hairdresser is supervised by a more experienced colleague. All our hairdressers are fully trained and qualified, they are ambitious and want to demonstrate their talent to industry experts and professionals.
Both ladies and gents are welcome to apply.
Here’s what your day/appointment would look like:
- You arrive at the salon at 12 noon on a pre-agreed day.
- Consultation with your hairdresser and make-up artist, where they assess the condition of your hair and skin, and envisage a look they’d love to create for you. You agree on the process and get started.
- The process may be documented. A photographer and videographer may be around to take pictures. The footage may be posted across our social media pages. We expect you to feel confident in front of a camera.
- When your hair is done, you’ll go into make-up where our artist will create a complementing finish.
- The final look will be photographed both in-salon and outdoors. Creative pictures will be taken where you’ll be asked to pose a little. The photographer will be helpful, their aim is to get the best out of you and your hair.
Interested? Here’s how to apply:
To register your interest please send one full-length and one close-up picture of yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your availability in January/February.
If you are pre-selected, you’ll be contacted by our team to discuss days and schedules, looks and outfits.
All your questions answered.
How long will it take?
You should allow approximately 3 hours for your cut and styling, and 4 hours plus for a cut and colour appointment.
WHAT TIMES ARE AVAILABLE?
Appointment times could be either 9.30am or 12pm Monday – Friday except Bank Holidays.
CAN I CHOOSE WHAT CUT/COLOUR I CAN HAVE?
We ask that you are willing to be have a chat with our hairdressers, listen to their guidance, you are adventurous and that you are open to having a fashion inspired look. All of our work is collaborative and you are fully consulted about the process.
SKIN TESTING POLICY
An allergy test will be required 48 hours in advance on selected colour services if you have not had your hair coloured with us before or in the last six months. We have the right to refuse any colour service.
WILL I GET THE PICTURES TOO?
Absolutely. We’ll probably need to ask for your patience though. It’s a common pre-requisite with these sort of competitions that the pictures are original and nowhere else seen or published at the time of submission.
HOW CAN I USE THE PICTURES?
All we ask is that you credit both the photographer and Figaro London when using the pictures. You’re also welcome to take pictures of the process yourself using your phone and post it or use it live, but no pictures of the final look may be used or posted until we get the permission.
Please allow 24 hours’ notice.
Figaro London. 95-97 Lever Street London EC1V 3RQ
Nearest underground stations are Old Street – Northern line, and Barbican – Circle, Hammersmith & City, Metropolitan line.
Interested? Hurry up, we really want to hear from you.
To register your interest please send one full-length and one close-up picture of yourself to email@example.com indicating your availability in January/February. If you are pre-selected, you’ll be contacted by our team to discuss days and schedules, looks and outfits.
Photo credit: hji.co.uk