Facial massage: as part of a cleansing or nourishing facial, or as a 30 minute stand-alone service, it’s an essential treatment that will make a positive difference to your skin – immediately. Here are 8 lesser known facts about the benefits of a facial massage.
- It increases circulation to your facial tissue, resulting in brighter, youthful-looking skin.
- By stimulating lymphatic drainage, facial massage moves toxins out of cells and reduces swelling and puffiness – helpful especially after eating a salty dish and of course in the mornings.
- Prevents the forming of wrinkles. I helps to release some of that built up tension in your face muscles that are caused by daily stress. Foreheads furrow and lines form especially between the brows and near the lip area. Gentle, routine facial massage can help relax these tight and drawn muscles, decreasing the lines that they form.
- The immediate increase in oxygen flow will awaken the skin so that it can respond better to the products being used.
- Facial massage speeds up our circulation, allowing for skin to heal and repair itself a lot quicker from the damage and traumas we put it through on a daily basis.
- Pressure point massage is ideal for anyone who suffers with tension headaches or sinus problems.
- It reduces stress leaving you peaceful and relaxed.
- It adds immediate vitality to a dull complexion.
You can perform facial massage to yourself at home. In this video, celebrity make-up artist Lisa Eldridge shares her facial massage routine and explains very clearly what sort of massage technique has what kind of benefits. It’s a must watch:
If you want to go for a salon treatment, we recommend you pop in on a weekly/fortnightly basis. A 30 minute stand alone treatment is something you can squeeze into your lunch break and will make you feel instantly great. It is absolutely suitable for both ladies and gents. Gents, just be sure you shave in the morning.
PS: Make sure to follow us on our social media pages for more helpful advice, inspiration and the occasional bargain offers. Here they are: Figaro London’s Official Facebook page, Figaro London Beauty page – focusing on all things beauty and skincare related, Twitter, Instagram, Google+. Looking forward to seeing you there too.