WANTED: IT System Administrator and Support
We are now looking for an IT System Administrator to help us with our ever growing IT needs that we simply can’t catch up with. We understand how important it is to innovate and use new technology and we want someone to guide us along the way to make our lives easier so that we can concentrate on what we should be doing: Serving our customers and developing the business.
Your main role will be to look after our soft and hard systems and inform and educate us a little about cloud and other tech solutions to then go on and find what would work best and make then implement it and make it come to life.
YOU WOULD BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Installing, upgrading computer components and software.
- Training staff.
- Offering technical support for projects.
- Maintaining security policies and data security.
- Improving our efficiency.
READING THIS MAKES YOU SAY, “HOLY COW – THAT’S ME!”:
- You strive to understand the real needs of a small but ambitious business
- You’re passionate about making no-tech folks understand how certain solutions would benefit them
- You’re a clear communicator and translating tech jargon is second nature to you
- You don’t only understand tech solutions but also know about cost and value ratio, where to buy equipment and can sort it out for us
- You LOVE getting to know new people and discover what they like and dislike
- You follow all the latest trends of the tech industry
- You’re practically always on time (or early) and strive to deliver ahead of deadlines
- You have excellent project management skills and can work on your own
- You are tidy and precise
- You love personal development
- You care deeply about your work, colleagues and the wellbeing of the clients
- You’re focused on finding, developing and executing on the best ideas to get the best results
- You have a sense of humour that’s smart, but not snarky or cynical
- You’re obsessive about being the best at what you do
- When a mission-critical project happens, you work till the job gets done
- You’re hyper-focused on getting the details right — you don’t do sloppy work or let little things slip through the cracks
- You’re a born GO GETTER — always looking for ways to add value, do better work, improve efficiencies, build others up
IN AN IDEAL WORLD, YOU HAVE:
- A desire to start your own IT business
- A very good understanding of the needs of SMEs
- A creative, positive spirit along with a passion for personal development
THE NITTY GRITTY:
- This is not really a job. We’re looking for a partner. A partner that perhaps is only just starting out and wants to establish an IT consultancy, or someone who just established their own business and needs clients who will then go on and beat the drum for the amazing service they provide.
- We need someone we can call on the phone in our opening times when there’s a technical issue we can’t solve.
- Your physical presence in the salon will only be needed when there’s new technology that needs to be installed, or if we just can’t get our head around how to solve a problem. If we could meet you occasionally to discuss changing needs and new solutions that would be great.
- This could be a perfect role for you if you study IT and have some free time and capacity to gain experience and practice in a business environment.
- We’ll give you some invaluable advice about setting up your own business, marketing and business development – there’s a few years experience behind our back and would love to share it with you.
- You’ll see behind the scenes of a fast growing start-up company.
- We’ll list you among our precious team of service providers on our website to raise more attention to your business.
- And you’ll get free haircut on the house – that’s your hairdressing needs solved 😉
HERE IS HOW TO APPLY:
- Please send your application with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the accompanying email, please explain to us in layman terms what a router is and why a hair & beauty salon might need it 🙂 – We know it’s a ridiculous question, and don’t worry, we do know what a router is (sigh of relief we hear), but it would be great to see how you can explain it in an easy-to-understand way :).
Hurry up, we really, really want to hear from you!
“Individual commitment to a group effort – That is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilisation work.”