How it works
Nioxin’s Derma Renew Therapy removes dead skin cells and excess sebum to renew scalp skin up to 34% faster than untreated skin. It’s refreshing and provides the perfect foundation for thicker, fuller looking hair.
It gently exfoliates the scalp, removing build-up around hair follicles. It’s kind of like a microdermabrasion facial, without the physical abrasion of course, used on your scalp to invigorate it.
This service is suitable for men and women and also for colour-treated hair.
- We apply the emulsion on dry scalp in a grid-like pattern and massage it well onto it for 1 minute.
- Then, we leave it on your scalp for 10 minutes, rinse well and follow with recommended NIOXIN 3-Part System:
- Shampooing and cleansing.
- Applying Conditioner.
- Cut, styling and finish.
Who we recommend it to
We recommend this treatment not only for oily, thinning hair but also for any scalp that’s perhaps a little itchy at times, or if you’ve worn a hat for a longer period of time. Basically, it’s for anyone who feels their scalp needs a little refreshment.
- Every 30 – 45 days if your hair and scalp is oily, itchy, and if you suffer from build-up, dandruff or flakiness.
- 4 times a year for anyone whose scalp needs a bit of invigoration and renewal in between seasons or after a long period of time wearing hats (tracking, skiing etc.)
It’s only an additional £10 to your regular wash, (cut) and blow dry, so a no-brainer really.
We’ve been using Nioxin products for quite a while. We like them because they provide a great solution for anyone suffering from thinning hair. This scalp renewal treatment is a favourite in our salon.
Renewal is what happens when you realise that some of the stuff you’ve been carrying around is just no longer needed.
PS: Make sure to follow us on our social media pages for more helpful advice, inspiration and the occasional bargain offers. Here they are: Figaro London’s Official Facebook page, Figaro London Beauty page – focusing on all things beauty and skincare related, Twitter, Instagram, Google+. Looking forward to seeing you there too.